Question: Why did his speech garner 5 million online views?
- Be Unique – Livingston uses clever rhyme to make his points clear.
- Be Authentic – He speaks from his heart and experience.
- Be Dynamic – Livingston has a manuscript BUT he is NOT reading it! He is conversational, has great posture, facial expressions congruent with his message and fabulous eye contact with his audience.
- Keep it Short – He understands the power of Less is More.
- Make it Sticky – Livingston uses analogies, stories and metaphors. Data tells. Emotion (via his story) sells.
Use these techniques and your listeners will not only stay awake, but will be inspired by your words.
Email me at Karen@SpeakForYourself.com with your worst convocation speeches you’ve had to sit through!
© 123RF Stock Photo
© Karen Cortell Reisman, M.S., author of 3 books and President of Speak For Yourself®, works with decision makers on how to speak with gravitas. It’s all in how you speak for yourself. Karen also speaks about her cousin, Albert Einstein, in a message about hope, resilience and brassieres.
Read more at www.SpeakForYourself.com/blog