By Arin Forstenzer
Why should you start social media marketing?
- Build your social network of fans, followers and connections by:
- Sharing useful, relevant & interesting content that encourages them to interact with you
- Interacting with fans and followers through conversation, discussions/debates, problem solving, updates, and so on.
- Sharing customer testimonials or success stories
- Gives your audience a platform to engage with you
Best Practices for Social Media Marketing
- Create a presence: grow brand awareness through various social networks
- Provide engaging, relevant content: links to websites, articles, industry-related updates, upcoming events, etc.
- Managing Commentary
Combination of both email marketing and social media is best
- Twitter: use as the HOOK to spark conversation, link back to Facebook or LinkedIn for further engagement
- E-mail/Website: use what you learn in your e-mails and on your website for deeper content integration