At least that’s what Randy Gage says. In his new book, Risky is the New Safe, Gage outlines a strong theory that there has never been a better time to be alive. And that’s because there will be more cataclysmic change in the next 15 years than in the past 1000.
We can take advantage of this shift and make millions; or lose millions. It all depends on the questions we ask – given today’s realities.
Here are snippets from his conversation this morning with the National Speakers Association – North Texas Chapter:
• 5 million people have a smart phone today. In the future our smart phone screen will follow us everywhere – from our cars to our homes to our offices. It’s electronic tethering.
• The Euro will collapse within 3 years.
• The only free cheese is in the mousetrap.
• Be a critical thinker. Question authority. Titles/Degrees mean zip.
• We process more info in one day than our grandparents did in 5 years.
• By no later than 2022 Artificial Intelligence will exceed human intelligence.
• Mobile Apps change everything.
• WW III in the business world – the battle to control streaming video.
• Look at successful systems and ask what can I learn from Cirque de Soleil? What can I learn from Jimmy Buffet? What can I learn from the Eagles? All three have shifted modalities to be on top of this new market.
What are the critical questions to ask not only to stay in business but also to soar?