What I Learned from E-Mail Marketing Boot Camp
By Arin Forstenzer
Constant Contact’s Boot Camp training program last week bombarded us with valuable tips on how to most effectively use e-mail marketing services.
Topic 1: How to Improve Your E-mail Marketing
1. Create Motivating Subject Lines
- Keep it short & simple—the first three words should hook your reader
- Communicate what the benefit is for them if they open your e-mail now
2. Write focused “Calls to Action”
- Provide an immediate benefit to your reader that motivates them to act
- Clickable Links/Images: Links to relevant articles, videos or websites
- Information for them to download/print Tip: attach .pdf documents of information like calendars or white papers
- Phone numbers for them to call
3. Increase the “Scannability” of your e-mails
- Less is more
- Include images, teasers, links, etc.
- Use headers
- Formatting: use bold fonts, italics or underlining to highlight main points
4. Brand your e-mails consistently
- “From Name” or E-mail address should be easily recognized by your contacts Tip: include your organization/brand name in the “From Name”
- Consistent over time Tip: always include your logo and use your brand’s colors
To be continued in future blog posts.