We are back with our annual selection of the best Super Bowl Commercial.
For starters, the Roman numerals for this year’s Super Bowl are LVII. Remove the “L” and you’re left with “VII” that = 7. And THAT is what a 30-second commercial costs these days: 7 million bucks (before adding in talent and production dollars)!
Speak For Yourself® picks our favorite commercial each year. Why? To learn best ways to get YOUR message across without paying $VII,000,000.
Drum Roll…. This year Breaking Good PopCorners commercial wins.
Use this list of strategies for your next board presentation, zoom meeting or project review all modeled in this commercial.
- Self-deprecating humor. Laugh at yourself – it makes you more approachable. We will then want to listen to you. Our beloved Breaking Bad characters, Walter, Jesse and Tuco make fun of themselves and the original show throughout this ad.
- Good story arc. Many of the ads tried too hard and became disjointed. You could not figure out what they were selling till the last second. Our Breaking Good ad reveals the product up front and the PopCorners take center stage.
- Clear CTA. Eat PopCorners. In other commercials you had to really search for the product relevance & Call to Action.
- Logical support material. Rather than have gratuitous celebrity placement our commercial gives us a great throwback to the Breaking Bad main characters and their van… which moves this story forward.
- Strong finish. And they’re air popped, not fried. Now in seven flavors.
Real takeaways for you – find the humor, move your story forward with logic, add good support material that makes sense and create a clear message/solution. Finally, don’t get stuck in a van in the desert near Albuquerque.
#communication #BestSuperBowlLVIICommercial #SuperBowlLVII #SpeakForYourself #KarenCortellReisman
Hi Karen! I had been behind on your blogs but read several this am as a pick me up on a snow day here in Iowa! Thanks for the inspiration. Now I have new pointers for teaching my team how to visit with patients. Thanks. Can’t wait to see you both.
Hi Mary – I love being a “pick me up” on a snow day. Thanks for being one of my blog readers and I look forward to seeing you soon.